The BBKA is seeking a new editor for BBKA News. After doing a superb job for thirty years as our editor, Sharon Blake has decided to pass the magazine on to someone else. Interested applicants should be confident that they can fulfil the editor’s role and responsibilities and then submit a curriculum vitae and a minimum of two references.
Applicants who are invited to interview will be asked to pitch their ideas on how they see the development of the BBKA News going forward.
Role & Responsibilities:
The editor is responsible for the content and production of BBKA News and reports to the BBKA Editorial Board. BBKA News is expected to provide a wide range of content suitable to meet the needs of beekeepers who will have a range of experience. To achieve these objectives the editor will:
- · Be an active beekeeper with a sound knowledge of beekeeping practice and beekeeping policies.
- · Have relevant editorial experience and a good eye for detail
- · Generate ideas for articles in line with BBKA policy.
- · Commission and obtain articles in a timely manner by contacting potential authors.
- · Be comfortable working as a team member liaising with the deputy editor, news editorial assistant and advertising sales.
- · Set and agree publication dates with the editorial team, printers and distributors.
The position is on a self-employed contract basis, terms of which will be negotiated.
If you think you can take on the role and are interested in receiving further details on the job description and remuneration package or wish to apply, please contact Leigh Sidaway the General Manager at email@example.com or by phone 02476 696679 xt 2005.
Closing date 20th May 2022. Interviews 8th June 2022.
Stephen Barnes, BBKA Chair